Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my dehumidifier Serial # XXXXX 11/10 70 pint size the

my dehumidifier Serial # XXXXX 11/10 70 pint size the water had been draining with hose attached automatically into a drain, all or a sudden I now have empty the tank about every 18 hours

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is this emptying (or was) into an open drain or was the drain hard connected (tight) have you checked the tank and cleaned it down where the hose connects to it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its an open drain and the hose is still attached.

okay remove the hose and run water through it at the sink, see if the water comes through. that will tell you if its the hose or the tank thats clogged. if the hose is clogged sometimes you can blow it out with either a compressor or take it outside and run higher pressure water through it form the outside faucet. if the tank is the issue you will need to remove it and rinse it out. also use something to clear the hole like a long screwdriver. it has to be one or the other. let me know how you do, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will give it a try and get back to you will later be OK and do i keep this dialog open

yes leave this open. I have to reboot my computer and will be back on shortly. thanks Bryan