Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my frigidaire upright freezer model mfu14m2gw0 keeps freezing

my frigidaire upright freezer model mfu14m2gw0 keeps freezing up. what part do i need to replace?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, give me a few minutes to look up your model info, I'll be back shortly, thanks, Bryan

how often does this freeze up ? do you have to defrost this a lot ? this does not appear to be a self defrosting freezer. the only thing that would cause that would be the cold control is bad. since you checked the seals thats not the issue. you will need to replace the control, Temperature Control ThermostatNNN-NN-NNNN      Main Product View this is available @ hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan, I defrost this unit at least 2 times a year. is a lower setting required mine is set to 6. Also does the amount of traffic make it worse. You know the kids and there ice cream. Thanks Mike

Okay Mike, 1 if the freezer is opened a lot then it will freeze up faster. 2 how high does your control go up ? 1 through what 10 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan, thats a 6 out of 7.

okay. try this, turn it down to around 3 and 1/2, see if that makes a difference if not replace the control because it probably not shutting down when it is supposed to. thanks and best wishes for a happy holiday season. Smile Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bryan, I will try that. Merry Christmas to you as well. Mike

Thank you Mike.