Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag Dishawasher is not rinsing all of the soap out of

My Maytag Dishawasher is not rinsing all of the soap out of the dishawasher. I tried using ironout and also clr.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you start the dishwasher and let it fill then open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches ? is it up to or above the heater ? Heating Element 903096          Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The water is level to the top of the heater.

okay what type of soap are you using ? what brand? is the water hot in the dish washer ? what I mean is about half way through the cycle if you open the door is there a lot steam like the waters good and hot ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I usually use a liquid, I justed used Finish gel. The water is about 115 degrees. I didn't have the sanitizing heat on, I just turned it on.

okay that will help.the hotter the water it dissolves the soap much better,the other thing you should do is get about 3-4 bottles of white vinegar ,start the machine and let it fill. when its done filling open the door and pour a bottle in with the water. this will break up any soap buildup in the sump assembly and clean it out. repeat 2-3 times until its clear and this rinses the dishes good, also use jet dry to help. machines after a while get soap buildup . hope this helps, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan