gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

F51 error code...Maytag Bravos XL top-loading. Can I do anything

F51 error code...Maytag Bravos XL top-loading. Can I do anything besides a service call?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. my i have the full model number? thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model - MVWB850YWO

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. the f51 error indicates that your 9rotor position sensor) is not registering or it is just bad. try this, remove and reinstall the connector at the RPS at least three times to clean off any corrosion built up on the connector and RPS due to the intermittent connections. after that go ahead and try to run a cycle. if you continue to receive the error then you need to replace the RPS sensor.

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to work on it yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where is the RPS connector?

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

it is mounted on the stator which is basically your motor. you need to tilt the machine back so that you can remove the rotor. you will see the RPS sensor.here is a diagram for you. it is going to be part number 20 on the diagram.

www.searspartsdirect.com

on diagram

Sensor

PART NUMBER: W10178988

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

If you are handy and feel that you can do this yourself then you can avoid a service call fee. i have posted the part number and diagram. if i have been helpful and if you have no further questions, please rate me with positive ratings before you go. thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll have to have a service call. Can you make that for me or do I need to call myself?

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
IF you'd like i can see who services your area if you can post the city and state you live in?
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me?
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure if you have stepped away but i will be on standby if you would still like to post the city and state so that i can see who can service your area. thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Location: Athens, Alabama

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

appliance tech..these two companies`will service you. just give them a call. if you have no further questions, please rate me with positive ratings. thanks again.
(256)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

A-1 Appliance Parts & Service

(256)(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
here is another company that i would suggest as well.
Mc Cravy Appliance Repair.

(256)(NNN) NNN-NNNN
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs