John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The door of my Panasonic Inverter Microwave Model: NN-T664SF/SN657S

Customer Question

The door of my Panasonic Inverter Microwave Model: NN-T664SF/SN657S won't open. I put a mug inside to heat the water. I pushed the release button on the lower right when it was finished and I felt something slip/give and the button is now ineffective and the door won't open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. Unfortunately, the model number you gave, does not come up in the system. And, its locked inside the oven cavity. I do not know if this is a table top unit, or mounted over the stove. Unplug the unit, before any work is done. If its a tabletop unit, remove all the screws in the cabinet wrap. If its mounted over the stove, you wiil need help getting it down. Once down, remove the screws here also, and remove the wrap. Once the wrap is removed, in either case, you can manually release the door from the inside. Once all of this is done, please relook at the model number located inside the oven cavity, probably on the side walls, or on the front frame. Resend to me, and then we can proceed from there. Thanks.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got the message. It's a tabletop unit. I presume the "wrap" is the metal covering the top and sides?

And where do I indicate "OK Service" I can find that on the page

Hi Lisa, and thanks for your response back. Yes, it is the metal wrap. Be sure to unplug before working on unit. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screws on the wrap are a six-sided star that I don't have a screwdriver for. They aren't a Phillips or regular screwdriver so I am unable to proceed.sorry.
Hi Lisa, If you have a small socket set, you can go to the hardware store, and buy a bit for your socket. If you are not sure of the size, can you carry it to your car and go to the hardware store. I'm sure they would come out and see what you have and give you the cheapest tool to take them out. Also, maybe you have a friend, who has tools, and could possibly help you out to. I'm sure the bit or handle is going to be a lot cheaper than going out and buying a new microwave. Just some thots, ok. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I live on a ranch.. No neighbors for about 30 miles. I have to go into town (about 100 mile round trip ) next weekend (last stuff before xmas) so I'll just take it with me then. It was worth a try. I ve lived many years without microwaves and this Internet stuff. I'll do fine. Thanks anyway.
Hi Lisa, ok & thanks