Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool DWSR-ELE-2406028-FM54 in which the drum

I have a Whirlpool DWSR-ELE-2406028-FM54 in which the drum has stopped spinning. What are the most likely causes and where can I find parts for this dryer?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay first this model number comes up a G.E. dryer , are you sure its whirlpool ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sure. They have their logo all over the place on it. :)

It also has MOD LER7648KQ3 printed on it if that helps.

Thanks,

okay perfect Dan, the number you just gave me is the correct one. be right back.
can you tell me is there any noise at all when you press start ? like the motor trying or just nothing ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can hear the blower and feel heat but that is all I can hear. When I start it I can also hear the click of the relay turning on the heating element.

oh okay great ! that mean the belt broke for the drum. Drive Belt 341241 Main Product Viewheres a link to order it and the good part is theres also a video there to show you how to replace it. heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Belt/341241/529597?modelNumber=LER7648KQ3 happy holidays and please don't forget to rate me 3 or above 5 is the best. have a great night, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. With your help, I was able to resolve the problem within three hours of the breakage. It was particularily useful because the load of laundry we were in the middle of was the diaper load. :)

Thanks again.

your very welcome, thanks and happy holidays !

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here