Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Model SEG196 Serial 285678FM What can I do to fix oven temp to hold correct temp?

Model SEG196
Serial 285678FM

What can I do to fix oven temp to hold correct temp?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

how far off is the temp ? when you say one burner is brighter than the other which burners are you talking about ? the bake element and broil element? Bake Element Y04100021       Main Product ViewBroil Element Y04100514       Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The left side of the bottom burner burns brighter than the right side.

When cooking with this oven we set the temp 50 degs lower than whats needed. If we need 450 we set it at 400.

The longer the oven is on the temp keeps going up so you have to keep turning down.

okay. well first you need to replace the element. it has a dead side, heres a link for that. as far as the heating goes see if the element fixes may. if not you can adjust the knob by talking it off and loosening the screws and turn the know down. this will take care of the overheating, hope this helps, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan