Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Ge dryer modeldvlr223ee0ww runs in timed heat mode and turns

My Ge dryer modeldvlr223ee0ww runs in timed heat mode and turns off automatically. In the automatice cycle it stays in the same position and will continue to heat the drum without ever shutting off. I started a cycle before work and came home to find the dryer still running and the heat on. Is there anything I was thinking of replacing the control timer model M460-g, but want to know if it could also be something else.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon, this means the cycling thermostat has failed, Cycling Thermostat WE4M181 Main Product View this sends the power to the timer in automatic cycle when the clothes start drying so it will advance to the cool down cycle. you can order this at this link. Its $28.00, its located on the blower assembly inside the dryer in the front. hope this helps, happy holidays, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I will be ordering it today.

I was thinking it was that or the control timer but did not wnat to spend the money on both. Also according to the electrical schematic, would this be what they call the CONTROL INLET?

no it wouldn't be the timer, the thermostat sends power right to the timer power directly . if this works in timed then the timer should be fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. It worked so far
okay great ! have a happy holiday season and thanks, Bryan