Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a ge artica psc23nbma bb refrigerator and the freezer

i have a ge artica psc23nbma bb refrigerator and the freezer doesn't get cold enoughtn about 15 degrees. have kept the coils clean. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you take a look at the back wall in the freezer behind your food and tell me if theres any frot on it ? any at all ? also the fans are running correct ? the one in the freezer and the one in the back near the compressor ? is the one in the freezer whining up and down ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The one inside the freezer is running strong and sounds okay. The one by the compressor is spinning as well. No frost at the back freezer wall.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay remove the back panel (inside the freezer behind your food ) and tell me what the frost pattern on the coils looks like. are they evenly frosted ? (all the coils) is there a ;lot of forst ? (clogged up) or are only some of the coils frosted and others not ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No frost on the top 60% of the coils, some frost on the lower 40%. Not much frost overall. The drip has water in it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thats not good. you have a sealed system issue. either there a blockage in the freon line or its low on freon. unfortunately this will require an AVAC tech to vaccum down this system and find the leak, or blockage. it would need to be repaired and rechaged, sorry for the bad news. thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you assistance.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome. I'm sorry it wasnt better news however.well wishes and have a great holiday season, please remember to rate me before signing off, 3 or above is good. thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see this question is still open , Do you still need help or are you all set? If you are all set please rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had an appliance tech come out and look at the refrigerator. although the fan that cools the coils was running, it was only at 1/3 speed. The unit needed a computer board. That was replaced and it is now running.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Oh okay so the compressor was shutting down ?the fan not running up to speed could cause that , thats why I asked if the compressor was running okay,glad you got it fixed, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan