Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am getting a F68 error code on my Frigidaire electric range.

I am getting a F68 error code on my Frigidaire electric range. It WILL NOT stop beeping. I have cut the power to the appliance via the circuit breaker and it's still beeping. How can I get it to stop beeping now?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, can you get us the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where would I find the model number?

if this has a bottom drawer look in there. also open the door and look for a tag.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay great, , the issue is the control, you will need to order and replace it to resolve your issue, the control is part #NNN-NN-NNNNand theres a link below to the part and diagrams, the its part # XXXXX on the diagram. if you have unplugged this for 5 minutes and you plug it back in and the error returns replace the control. heres the link. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So there's no way to get the beeping to stop in the mean time? It's driving me crazy.

unfortunately. no , unplugging it is the only way until you get the control, sorry. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wouldn't flipping the circuit breaker be the same as unplugging it? I've done that....and it's still beeping. That's really what my question is.

if you flipped the breaker off and its still beeping be sure you flipped the correct one. is the f-68 still in the control window ? if so your flipping the wrong breaker. the range should be completely blank.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yep, I agree. I flipped the one labeled range/oven (it's one of the double breakers). I tried flipping the other double breakers and they match with what they are labeled. I can't imagine the oven being wired to one of the small breakers....unless of course that's the problem. ; )

mmm, I cant be sure from here of course. are you able to unplug this ? is it to hard to move and thats why ? I was thinking if you unplug it and it stops its definitely a different breaker. some ranges will beep for a few minutes from the power stored in the board but usually stop after a minute or so. does this have a light inside that comes on when you open the door ? if so try the breakers until the light goes out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yep....too hard to move oven/reach plug. But you were was mislabeled. The one labeled heat is actually the one connected to the range. Thanks!

your very welcome. please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off so i get credit for helping you , thanks and have a great holiday season. Bryan