Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

LG TROMM WM1814CW The washing machine washes, but will not

Customer Question

LG TROMM WM1814CW The washing machine washes, but will not wrinch.Do you have any idia what's wrong?
Regards
Colman
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. so does it stop during a cycle? and will show an error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine did not stop, did not recieved error code

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
Okay, you need to check your drain filter. is it most likely clogged. what you need to do is place a towel at the front of the compartment. please reply to me. thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I try this later and get back to you?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
You sure can. take your time. i will be online for a few more hours. your filter is most likely the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have removed and cleaned the fliter,then restarted the machine on a Quick Cycle for 20 mins, at 15 mins the washer continued to run and i puresume this is when the machine should go into a rinse cycle. The water did not drain, the machine continued to run for about five minutes then stopped, As it stopped it indicated a flashing sign saying OE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I WANT HELP ASAP ABOUT MY WASHER MACHINE LG TROMM
WM1814CW, MY EXPERT GST 85 IS OFFLINE AND I CANT WAIT
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
If you are getting an OE error code, this means there is a drain error. If you have cleaned out the filter, then the only thing left you can do is to change the drain pump. It is has either locked up or shorted. There is a real good video on youtube on how to change and replace this pump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABbLk_IXLLI.
Part# XXXXX XXXXX Can be bought through RepairClinic.com or Google search for best pricing. The drain motor on the casing will be the one on the left. The circulation motor will be on right of casing once you remove the front access.

I hope this helps you,
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Hi this is Rick again. Did my answer help you on 12/14/12?
I do not show any responses from you on this answer.
Please rate me at least 3 stars if it did on my response only, not the others. Thank you in advance.
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

your sujestion work. good work, see again soon

Colman

Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the rating, and glad it worked out!