Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Ge profile prodigy washing machine model#wpse4200aww does not

Ge profile prodigy washing machine model#wpse4200aww does not work in any cycle . it is not doing anything at all.when iset cycle and press the start button,nothing happens.i once had trouble with it,which turned out be the lid switch, but i have ruled that out in ths case.What can i try to trouble shoot this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

so you can set this and all the lights light up like its ready to go but when you press start nothing ? no water comes in at all ? how did you rule out the lid switch this time ?did you bypass it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i installed a new lid switch,i needed to change the old one anyway.yes the lights go on ,no water goes in,and nothing .

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay if nothing at all is working it means the control board has failed. Main Control Board WH12X10169      Alternate Product Viewyou need to replace it to fix the issue, heres a link control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is there anything i can do to confirm this or is this pretty certain that it is the control board. Is it simple to change?do you recommend going with original manufacture part versus an after market part . thank you

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well everything else is good. this controls everything, if this was good it would put water in right away you replaced the lid switch so this is all thats left . theres no test for it however. I would go with the link I gave you, they have an unconditional guaranty even if you installed it and it didn't fix the issue. (although I'm 99% sure) its always good to be able to return something just in case. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so if i go with the link you gave me ,i can return the part for arefund if it turns out thats not the problem .I would rather use the money to buy anew machine,but dont mind buyiny the part if that will fix it also.Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes it will fix the issue, the control is bad, that control is the timer and everything all in one. so basically it controls everything.thanks and have a great holiday season, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.