Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

The vent on the range model RV36S is going up and down and

The vent on the range model RV36S is going up and down and doesn't stop

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance service tech since 1992. Let me pull the model number up and will be back.

One of your limit switches is stuck. This would cause your Vent to come up and down on its own.
Part# XXXXX Other than shutting off your breaker there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening. Do you want to attempt to repair on your own i can send you some details on how to?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Send me some details on how I can attempt to fix it myself. Thanks

The lower panel with power off can be removed by removing sorround screws. There will be a micro switch located on the side of the cabinet. There will be a lower one and and an upper one. It is not easy access to these items, but should solve the issue. There is not much repair help on this issue of replacing the switches, you would just need to gain lower access to the motor assembly section.