Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Lighter malfunction: I have a gas stove/oven MGR 6772BDW.

Lighter malfunction:

I have a gas stove/oven MGR 6772BDW. All of a sudden, the electronic lighters started "clicking" as if I was trying to light the burners. At the time, I had one burner on and was not touching the stove. All the burners are doing this. I have had to unplug the stove. Please help.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

has any water spilled or have you cleaned this lately with a spray cleaner ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Although I was doing dishes and I often dry pots by putting them on the stove (w/ burners off). I did unplug for one hour and then tried again. However, I did not this morning so I will go do so now.

okay you can also try taking a hair dryer and remove the knobs heat up the area behind the knobs on the range. dry the switches out. usually this is caused by moiture in the spark switches try that and let me know. have your hair dryer on medium. not to hot.