joeyt56
joeyt56, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I'm an Appliance Technician that is factory trained with 5+ years of experience.
71793410

I have a bosch dishwasher model number smu2046uc that is not

I have a bosch dishwasher model number smu2046uc that is not advancing threw the cycles. Unit runs all night long. I have already replaced the cycle thermostat and high limit fuse for the element as the customer ran it without the water on and blew the high limit. Element test ok. Which leaves me to belive I have an issue with the timer. What are your thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this means the dishwasher is stuck in flood mode. there water in the base pan. this can be a pain. what needs to be done is pull the dishwasher from aunder the counter and tip it to the left to get all the water out of the base pan. oncce thats done try the machine again. it should work fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thats not the issue its not running the drain its running the circulation. Pan is dry.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
mmm , okay is water comming in ? try poring about a gallon and a half of water in by hand and then start it. does it advance to the drain cycle and drain ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah water is at the correct level if manual advance timer it will drain. you do mean in the unit?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay if you advance this by hand and it drains you are correct, the timer has failed. you need to replace it. sorry for the confusion. thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the timer. it runs threw the first rinse and gets stuck on the wash cycle. I aslo just replaced the cycling thermostat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
it wont advance still ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the timer moves to through the fist cycle and stops at the second fill ? you say rinse (first rinse) so it fills rinses and drains then not filling again ? just stays there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not it fills again and just washes

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand exactly , at the beginning it fills (by itself) and the washes for a cycle then drains and fills and just keeps washing never advancing to the end and finishing ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah its just washing

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
do you know if the heater is good ? Bake Element 283813 Main Product Viewdo you have a multi meter to check it ? that the only thing that makes sense at this point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know I checked it it check ok also has no visiable burn outs. Can you please get a second opinon. I will go back tomorrow and double check everything. Can you give me any and all tech data so I can make sure everything is with in spec.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I'll opt out and put this at the top of the list so other techs can take a look. I'm a little stumped at this point.
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea
Ok, I will look into this a little and get back with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any tech info would be great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please re-submit or opt out of the question. You obviously don't have the answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I need this issue resolved can someone please respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  joeyt56 replied 1 year ago.

Hello I m Joe and if you are still in need of help I'm going to try and help you out.

A washer cycle typically stalls during a wash cycle when the water isn't reaching optimal temperature. Usually this means something in the heating circuit is bad and you need to find it.

You have already replaced the timer and the thermostat that only leaves the heater.

Also make sure you run your hot water at your sink first. The heater is only meant to raise the temp of the water 20-30 degrees. If the water is not coming into the dishwasher at at least 120 degrees this could also be your issue so make sure this is happening.

Try that out and let me know

Expert:  joeyt56 replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm looking to see if anything worked out for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah it was a broken wire for the cycle thermostat.

Expert:  joeyt56 replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it. Good job finding it.
joeyt56, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I'm an Appliance Technician that is factory trained with 5+ years of experience.