Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

the water spray for top rack does not spin so dishes not clean on top rack

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. can you start the dishwasher and let it fill then open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches ? does it reach the heater ? do you have a model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to leave for an appointment now and cannot look up information. I do know that there is water in the bottom of dishwasher and bottom rack is washing beautifully and emptying. I did try different cycles and the result is the same. The dishwasher is about 5 years old.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay I'll be here today all day so when you get a chance please do that its important and we will talk later . thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for waiting. The model # XXXXX XXXXX The water comes up to the bottom of the heating element. Anything else?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay so the water is up to the heater ? the next thing to do is open up the pump assembly and check for debris in the chopper assembly.here a link to a video to show you how to take it apart. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/8268383/830886
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It looks like I will have to hire somebody if the whole thing has to come apart. I'm 80 and not so spry. However one of the maintenance tips may have answered another question I have.

For my previous dishwasher I hired a repairman ($125) The dishwasher stopped working. He opened a small square part on the upper left side on the door that looked like a venetian blind. He scraped out all the paper labels and other debris in there, the dishwasher started right up and he pretty much called me an idiot woman. When I got this one, I looked for a similar part. I read through the manual several times and did not find anythiing like it.

From your answer it looks like the center assembly has to be removed to get at anything similar. Bad design. Your thoughts? Also, why does the bottom water arm move and not the top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You replied

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:11 PM EST

• Please tell us what additional information you would like.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sorry I was out for a few, well to answer one question the reason this may only be washing on the lower part is it may be clogged where the water goes to the top or the pump may be weak. its hard to say without taking it apart. some have the vent like you were saying and some don't yours doesn't I guess.sorry you are not able to do this yourself, I understand. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.