Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Have a GE Spacemaker XL JVM1350WW002 with broXXXXX XXXXXdle. Ordered

Have a GE Spacemaker XL JVM1350WW002 with broXXXXX XXXXXdle. Ordered a new handle WB15X335 but cannot install. Can you walk me thru installation which apparently requires separating innner and outer door?
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.

This is a touchy one on this repair.

This is all done with door left on microwave

But hopefully you can remove the choke cover as pictured on diagram here:

Item number 1805. You can gently use a putty knife and work around the edges of the cover, gently pry the chocke cover out and around about an inch apart. In most cases it is hard to come off without breaking the choke cover. Part# WB55X986 which is no longer available. So if it breaks, you would have to buy a new microwave.

There is about 15 tabs sorounding this piece that is attaches on the door. Then you can remove the door hook to gain access to the handle screw.

Hope this helps:Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cannot access diagragm. Will try to do this blindly.

Try this one:

Or go to and type in your model number.

Hope this helps u, thank you
PLease reconsider the rating, i can help you with anything on this microwave to the best of my knowledge. Juts ask me, and i will get back to you asap!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me what and where a door hook is to gain access to the handle screw?

The door hook will be seen once you remove the choke cover to the door. There will be a small spring holding the tension. Pull up on the latch hook, and pull out and it should come out of place to gain access to the door handle screw. It is item # XXXXX on the parts diagram.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You must have the wrong oven as there is no such hook or tension device visible on my oven. There are 2 hooks that keep the door closed.

The two hooks are the piece i am referring to. Did you remove the choke cover?
The model is correct. Go to put in your model number like this: JVM1350WW ( leave off the 02 for now.) Then choose the one with the 02. The click it, then view the door parts diagram. Look for number #1810 on the door diagram