Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Frigidaire Gallery range mod # XXXXX problem

I have a Frigidaire Gallery range mod # XXXXX problem is that the dual burner doesn't work.I have replaced the element and it still doesn't work.I also changed the element switch to see if it fixed the problem,but it didn't. I have power but the element doesn't work.can you help?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is there a switch up on the control panel on this to switch this from large to small burner ?

I'm trying to pull up the parts now. let me know if this one has the switch on the back guard panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the switch is for the dual element.

okay, so theres no separate switch for the burner beside the infinite switch? alright and you replaced both the switch and the burner and you actually get 220 volts at the burner when you turn it on ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay if your getting 220 volts to the burner and your sure its wired correctly the burner you received is bad. its not the first time I've seen that. you need have them send you out another burner. if your getting the power the burner should be working.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I put the new element in the indicator light came on without the element being turned on.

okay, I'm not sure but if the element is shorted that light could come on. are you sure you have this wired exactly like the old one was ? you didnt make any mistakes installing it ? did you do one wire at a time ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is wired exactly the same way.

well if you get 220 to the burner and your sure, the burner is defective . thats the only thing it could be if the power is there.