Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an LG dehumidifier that has stopped working. No power

I have an LG dehumidifier that has stopped working. No power to the display or anything just dead. The power cord little green light is on as I know I'm getting power to the unit because I am reading 120 volts going in and coming out of the fuse on the circuit board. When I shut the dehumidifier off the compressor was on so I fear something might have blown. I was wondering if the capacitor might have gone bad. I am a mechanic so I would like to fix this myself. I would like help to find what part to replace. The model number is XXXXX My name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for the help. By the way I have all the covers off and have a good view of everything.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you get 120 volts from the fuse on the board. on both sides ? graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I do. I am reading 120 volts on both sides of the fuse.

okay so the display isn't lighting up at all though correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the display is dead. no lights or anything. power button just clicks but I get no power or lights.

okay the control board is bad, you need to order and replace it. heres a link where you can order it. these are where the display gets its power from. thanks and best wishes, Bryan