Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My LG Refrigerator LRFC25750TT has stopped cooling. I have

My LG Refrigerator LRFC25750TT has stopped cooling. I have had a problem with th ice4 maker for some time, it overflows and ice forms in the bottom of the freezer. I have been dealing with that for several months by periodically removing over flow ice from the freezer so that the door shuts correctly. (This approach gets us by for a couple of weeks each time)
However last night I went into the freezer to get something tcook for supper and the products were thawed. This morning I opened the Refrigerator section an it seemed to be room temp. The lights work, I have heard the solenoid switch turn on to fill the ice tray but NO cooling.
I am fairly handy and on a fixed income low budget. Can you suggest what I can look for in terms of repair parts?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, can you pull this away from the wall and go behind ,remove the cover at the bottom and feel the compressor? tell me if its cold warm or hot ? also do you hear a clicking or buzzing comming from it about every 2-3 minutes ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will go downstairs and attempt to do so. I will take me 10-15 min. Is that OK? Smile

okay I'll watch for your reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Compressor is hot. And there is a cilck and humm periodically.

okay that means the compressor start relay has failed, (could have be worse ) the relay is plugged onto the side of the compressor, the reason the compressor is hot is because its trying to start but cant. heres the relay . you will need to order and replace it to fix the issue. b heres a link to the part. its $8.05
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bryan, can you guide me a little regarding my ice maker problem?

oh sorry. it sounds to me like one of two issues. 1 if the feed cup at the back of the ice maker is frozen the water will come out and run down to the bottom of the freezer. graphicor two the ice maker valve is dripping water (not shutting tightly) Water Inlet Valve 5220JB2010A Main Product View