Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

I have a Whirlpool dryer which is over 37 years old (it was

I have a Whirlpool dryer which is over 37 years old (it was here before we moved in back in 1975). I've fixed various parts of it several times (belt, some switches, timer). Now it appears the temperature selector switch is gone. When I asked our local appliance parts distributor about a new switch, he said the dryer is so old they don't make replacement parts any more. Could you advise me if there is an alternate switch that will work or should I throw in the towel and get a new dryer?

The dryer model # XXXXX: LRE5500W0; the old temperature selector switch # XXXXX XXXXX The terminals are numbered: AH; AH1; AH2.

Thanks. XXXXX

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech and parts specialist since 1992.
Let me look into this and will be back in a while. Going to switch this chat to a forum for better results.

The mounting may be different but wiring same, i am not 100% sure on it.
Another number that is the same switch by Whirlpool is #695091.
Can be found here they have one:

Check it out,

If this helped you do not forget to rate. I do not get compensated unless you do.
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.