Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

I have a side by side ge refrigerator, Model gsl25jfpd bs .The

I have a side by side ge refrigerator, Model gsl25jfpd bs .The water dispenses in the door but no ice. Ice is being made and the attachment turns but the shaft in the tray doesn't turn. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance service tech since 1992.
Do you have a ohm/volt meter by chance?

Appliance Parts :

Without an ohm/volt meter we would be guessing a Board in the dispenser, the micro switch behind the dispenser, the auger motor itself is shorted or froze up.
Have you remove the bucket and closed the door to see if you hear it running when activated?

Moved to message board, please reply here. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I removed the bucket and pushed in the switch and the unit on the back wall turns. I put the bucket back in and it seems to bind up like the auger in the bucket won't move.

I would suggest replacing the whole assembly part# XXXXX
This would come complete and you would have less trouble.
You can find them on RepairClinic.com or use Google search for best pricing.
Will save you some trouble and hassle, thank you.

Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so the part WR17X11419 is this the whole bucket? Is there a way to fix it?

More than likley the blades are jamming or warped and the middle auger is cracked.
You can but the parts are very difficult to reassemble once removed. I would not recommend it. That is why i am suggesting replacing the assembly and be fixed right the first time.
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized