Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

I have a Smartload dryer, model DEGX-1. It appears to work

I have a Smartload dryer, model DEGX-1. It appears to work but the clothes are not drying at all and apparently no heat generated from the fryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 1 year ago.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance service repair tech since 1992.
Let me pull the model up, and i will be back in a few minutes. Thank you

Appliance Parts :

Lets try entering a diagnosis mode to determine the fault without teardown of the unit.
5.3.1 Entering the Diagnostic Mode
(a) Turn the power supply to the dryer on.
(b) Press and hold the Auto Dry down button, then press the Power button.

Appliance Parts :

The dryer is now in level 0 of the diagnostic mode. After initial entry into the diagnostic mode, the
Start/Pause button operates the dryer as normal. Press the Auto Dry up or down buttons to scroll
through the fault levels.

Customer:

OK, I will go to the fryer and see what it says

Appliance Parts :

Just let me know which lights are lit up or you can go straight to this:
Last Fault
To enter the last fault diagnostics, enter the diagnostic mode as described above, then press the Auto
Dry up button three times.

Customer:

I press & hold the auto dry & press pwr button simultaneously? Where will I see any fault codes, as there is no display on the dryer

Appliance Parts :

You will only see certain lights lit up

Customer:

hit the power button first, then the auto dry button?

Appliance Parts :

Press and hold the Auto Dry down button, then press the Power button.

Appliance Parts :

You still there?

Customer:

Ok, I get into this mode and pressing the auto dry up once you get: Drying process LEDs -->dry & cool down,Smart touch cycle --> air dry & perm press LEDs on, Auto sensing LED is on, lid lock LED is on. 2nd press of Auto dry gets: Drying process LEDs --> all off, Smart cycle LEDs --> wrinkle free, air dry LEDs on, delicat is off, perm press on, regular is flashing, denim is flashing, Auto sense and 20 in LEDs are on

Appliance Parts :

enter the last fault diagnostics, enter the diagnostic mode as described above, then press the Auto
Dry up button three times. Let me know what lights are lit up

Customer:

pressing auto dry button 3rd time --> auto sensing, 20 min, & lid lock LEDs are on

Appliance Parts :

Is this an electric dryer or Gas dryer? The model calls for either

Customer:

it is electric; when I press the aut dry up button there are codes present goinh up to 8 presses

Appliance Parts :

You either have a open thermostat or an open heater.
I can tell you the part numbers and suggest on how to replace them if you like>

Customer:

OK

Appliance Parts :

be right back

Appliance Parts :

Heater : #395583
Thermostat manual reset # XXXXX (this one you can sometimes push the middle button to reset and then correct your venting to your dryer if clogged)
Thermostat auto reset # XXXXX

The video can be found here:
http://youtu.be/g0Yf2tRE_dA

All can be found on web site www.needapplianceparts.com

Hope this helps:

Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.

Customer:

ok

Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized