Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi there...I have a Jenn-Air stove top stove that is about

Hi there...I have a Jenn-Air stove top stove that is about 8 yr old. Model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX I used the clean feature Sat night. I had only used it once before and remembered it took about 3 hr total. The other nightt, after pressing the clean button, it asked me for a time so I put in 3 hr. Needless to say the stove was locked for about 5 hr. Now however, the stove elements will not work. Every other part of the stove works - clock, top elements, the fan goes on for the convection part but not the actual elements.
I am thinking that there might be a fuse somewhere that is blown or the stove elements are completly burnt or there is something in the electric panel.

Thanks for you help!!! No Christmas baking done yet!!
Lynn - Ottawa/Canada ..XXX@XXXXXX.XXX - XXX-XXX-XXXX.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, I don't see a thermal fuse for this model. in most cases on these the latch assembly switch fails. this did unlock correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bryan

Yes it seemed to unlock when ready.The door remained locked until the heat was considerably lower - about 2 hr.

Now when I press any of the buttons on the panel, the only one that will not come on is the clean one. Even the dry button comes on.

I am looking for the manual as I had bought the stove from a friend 18 months ago. I did not use the manual the other night and think that I entered the clean time way too long.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well this could be one of two problems , 1 the oven control has failed or 2 the lock/latch assembly has a bad switch. if the switch on the lock assembly fails the oven will not run after self clean. I believe that is more likely the issue then the control. Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly 74005575        Main Product View are you planing on repairing this yourself ?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My son is a mechanic and very handy and I am pretty good but we would need the exact part. How difficult is it to fix?

Looking at the door, i have taken off the screws on top ( 4) and it looks like the front part of the panel of the door needs to come off to access the lock assembly.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes you need to take the front apart and possibly lift the top also to access this. I cant find the diagrams though sorry.if you son is good he can probably figure that out. just make sure the power is off . heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock-Motor-and-Switch-Assembly/74005575/824898 well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Bryan... have a great day!

Lynn

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Same to you and thanks, XXXXX XXXXX great holiday season Smile, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes... have a great holiday season yourself... hopefully I can get on with my holiday baking!!