Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a drop in jenn air range. The self cleaning command

I have a drop in jenn air range. The self cleaning command no longer works. I have used it once in the past but cannot get it to work now. Catherine XXXXXX

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no model number but a 30" jenn air range unity 11 slide in range.

okay what happens when you try to use clean ? you push the clean button and I'm not sure then do you have to slide the lock lver over or is it automatic ? you are setting the time for the clean correct ? is this just not loking and starting after? there should be a model number underneath the door behind the grill under the door have you looked there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I punch the clean button and nothing happens. The lock is automatic. I don't set the time. I want it to start cleaning immediately, no time delay. I am not at home...I am using the manual that I got when the machine was installed.

okay, well usually you press the clean button and then press the arrow up through the time and select 3 hours. have you tried that? pardon me but I'm working without a model number and there are so many different ovens I'm kinda winging it. different ovens work differently so if you could find a model number later that would really help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I ordered this oven/range, Jenn air said that it was the only drop in range they do. Does that help?

But again there is no give or engagement when I press the clean button. I don't see any arrow.

Catherine Ford

okay Catherine, unfortunately with the model number I cant look up spicific parts or diagrams. when you get home can you see what you can find ? does this have a downdraft ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. I will get back to you do I do that? Catherine

just sign back in and send a reply. I will receive it. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sure that there are dirtier places to put a model number but I would be hard pressed to find it. Model number isJES9860AAW.

The button I tried to push does say clean delay on it. Does that help?

okay prefect . is this your control panel ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

looks like it. Catherine

okay try this. press clean. then on the numbers pad press in 3:00 hours (3 then 00) then press start. does it lock and begin the cleaning cycle ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. NOthing happens when I press the clean. When I press the 3, several beeps go off and then nothing.

okay thats not good means the oven control board has failed. Oven Control Board 74007226        Main Product Viewthis would need to be ordered and replaced. heres a link to the part. sorry for the bad news, Bryan