Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a drop in jenn air range. The self cleaning command

I have a drop in jenn air range. The self cleaning command no longer works. I have used it once in the past but cannot get it to work now. Catherine XXXXXX

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no model number but a 30" jenn air range unity 11 slide in range.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay what happens when you try to use clean ? you push the clean button and I'm not sure then do you have to slide the lock lver over or is it automatic ? you are setting the time for the clean correct ? is this just not loking and starting after? there should be a model number underneath the door behind the grill under the door have you looked there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I punch the clean button and nothing happens. The lock is automatic. I don't set the time. I want it to start cleaning immediately, no time delay. I am not at home...I am using the manual that I got when the machine was installed.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, well usually you press the clean button and then press the arrow up through the time and select 3 hours. have you tried that? pardon me but I'm working without a model number and there are so many different ovens I'm kinda winging it. different ovens work differently so if you could find a model number later that would really help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I ordered this oven/range, Jenn air said that it was the only drop in range they do. Does that help?

But again there is no give or engagement when I press the clean button. I don't see any arrow.

Catherine Ford

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay Catherine, unfortunately with the model number I cant look up spicific parts or diagrams. when you get home can you see what you can find ? does this have a downdraft ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. I will get back to you later....how do I do that? Catherine

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
just sign back in and send a reply. I will receive it. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sure that there are dirtier places to put a model number but I would be hard pressed to find it. Model number isJES9860AAW.

The button I tried to push does say clean delay on it. Does that help?

Catherine

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay prefect . is this your control panel ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looks like it. Catherine

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay try this. press clean. then on the numbers pad press in 3:00 hours (3 then 00) then press start. does it lock and begin the cleaning cycle ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. NOthing happens when I press the clean. When I press the 3, several beeps go off and then nothing.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats not good unfortunately.it means the oven control board has failed. Oven Control Board 74007226        Main Product Viewthis would need to be ordered and replaced. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/74007226/1009034?modelNumber=JES9860AAW sorry for the bad news, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.