Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My freezer in my fridge quite again and went in HI mode will

Customer Question

My freezer in my fridge quite again and went in HI mode will not accept the default mode to reset, alarm keeps going off that temperature is too high - I have a Professional model FPHB2899LFA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset? if not, than can you try that now and tell me what happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay unplug the unit for 60 seconds - freezer temp comes up HI - I pressed the default and still says HI

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

What is shown in the refrigerator part of the display?

Thanks,

Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the refrigerator part is holding temp at 37f the freezer temp keeps raising it's at 40f now and alarm keeps going on

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Try this, press and hold the refrigerator temperature up key until the control beeps, about 5 seconds. That should get it back to where you can control it. If it does not please use the reply to link and let me know.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't seem to be responding - temp went up to 41f

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I understand, I was thinking maybe you somehow got it into service mode, look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it?

If the freezer fan is operating and you found no frost on the rear inside wall of the freezer go around behind the unit and remove the lower panel. Touch the compressor on the top. Is the compressor hot, warm or cold and is it vibrating? And have you heard a buzz or click from back there?

Is the fan back there working as well?

Thanks,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No blowing in the freezer - compressor is cold, there is a buzz noise and the fan at the back is working.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

I noticed you still need help. is the buzzing comming from the back near the compressor ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the compressor isn't starting. you need to replace the inverter . graphicthis is what starts the compressor and the fan in the freezer wont run until the coils are cold, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Inverter-Board/241577505/1512577 its located down near the compressor and plugs into the compressor. this will fix your issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.