Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am working on ge gas range moder JGBS2OBEW2WH, Can not get

I am working on ge gas range moder JGBS2OBEW2WH, Can not get the oven to light, the ignighter glow hot, had gas company come out and the had to shut of stove because of gas smell and the state that the gas pressure regulator was leaking. will be replacing the regulator soon, but little confuse about the top burners lighting up but the bottom oven wount light up enven when the ignighter is glowing hot. would a bad regulator valve cause this problem

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, the reason the oven wont light even though the igniter is glowing is because the igniter is weak. these can glow and still be bad, they need to draw enough amps to open the safety valve.

Oven Igniter WB13K21 Main Product View you need to replace the igniter. you can order this @ this should be the correct igniter , I had to change the S in your model number to a 5 to bring up the range. if this igniter doesn't look like yours please recheck the model number and we will go from there. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so what I am suspecting is that there are two issues with the the range, 1. the leaking regulator will cause the smell but should not cause the oven not to light.

2. the ignighter is not glowing hot enough to open the safty gas valve......its glows bright orange now. should it be a more whightess color?

yes, do you have a seperate broil on this ?what I mean does the broil have its own igniter or is the broil in the bottom drawer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes there is a seperate broil

okay does that light ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is the one that glows but does not light, the oven does light.

oh okay.well you need to replace the igniter for sure because these both run off the same valve and the oven lights so theres nothing wrong with the pressure its the igniter. and they both run through the same regulator also. , hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but the gas smell was coming from the rugulator according the the gas company tech.

yes that will still need to be replaced but thats not the reason the broil wont work ,thats the igniter thats causing that. so in other words you need both replaced if the regulator is leaking.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you