Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Large blue belt was lying among dishes in Kenmore (its either

Large blue belt was lying among dishes in Kenmore (its either model 665.12892, 665.15894 or 665.15899 as user manual lists) at end of a wash cycle.

There is an extra belt exactly like it provided -- approximately 20 inch circumference). I found it in the user manual. In other words, Kenmore gives you an extra belt.

Where do I reinstall the belt -- I cannot find mention in user manual.

This washer bought in 2001.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

there are no belts inside the dishwasher itself most likely this is a seal. (pump assembly) can you send a picture of it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i send the the photo -- I have it now

follow this video, click here. Video
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no paperclip link anywhere on the page! Please doenload it from here, where I just uploaded it amp;

sorry it says page not found. I dont know how to tell you to send it. I dont know your end of this site.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

try this one pls

there's a download button on right

can also click the underlined name of file on right

okay got it. now is the seal round or does it have square edges?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the Sump ( at bottom of washer) is round and the Seal around it is round, the rubber ring around sump seems to be there; its black

may we please speak by phone? either call me on XXX-XXX-XXXX or I'll call u if you provide no.

we are not allowed to talk on the phone sorry. have you taken the sump apart yet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No you did not tell me to take the sump apart, and I must leave to go to work. I can respond during the day but I won't have access ti manuals or dishwasher. I can resume in about 9 hours or about this time tomorrow,

This request is to find out what the blue rubber ring is , that's all.

I am going to work now. If you can't tell me exactly what the blue rubber approx. 20 " diameter ring is I will not be able to pay

Details below.

Thanks and goodbye until later or tomorrow

The washer is precisely:

Kenmore Dishwasher 665 15892100

The parts are listed at

Exact Users manual is at

A similar (but not exact) install manual is at

Kenmore Dishwasher 665 15892100 -

I realize I haven't had you take the sump apart yet.the reason I asked is I believe the ring you have is for the sump. if you can take the spray arm assembly and sump apart and see if the ring came from that. I believe its the seal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bryan, I will try this tonight

okay let me know, there a seal around the housing for the spray arm. check that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

I was leery of tearing apart my dishwasher like you wanted me to since I'd probably ruin it and none of the rubber seals I could see were blue (I mentioned the one around sump was black.)

So I spent some focused time researching on the internet tonight. Many other people have found "blue seals" in their dishwasher after it is done running a load. A few answers said that it was probably not part of dishwasher. One said its probably from a plastic food container lid as many of them have such rubber bands.

I could also see from the Kenmore parts web site I sent you that none of the seals were blue, not black.

I was able to match up the blue rubber with one of our food containers. The strange thing is, there was a similar(but not exact) rubber band in the folder of manuals from when I installed the dishwasher. See embedded photo and this web site.

I'd like to pay $15 for your efforts rather than the $30 the service asked for, as you did not get me the answer and wanted me to tear apart my machine. I think you made a real effort in a strange situation, but I do not want to pay $30. How do I do this without ruining your rating?

Photo shows offending food container on left w the extra band with the manual.

I really hate to tell people that it may be from a food container because they think I'm crazy, most of the time its from the machine but I couldn't find any blue ones either but I know some of the older units had different color seals, such as red and blue, sorry, I'm glad you found it though, have a great day and you can request to pay whatever you feel is right. thanks , Bryan