Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a frigidaire affinity front loading washing machine

I have a frigidaire affinity front loading washing machine that will not start. when door is shut and appropriate settings are set , i push start and it keeps blinking the symbol dr. and will not start even though it seems closed Help?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, do you have the model number so I can better assist you ? does the door actually lock ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

okay perfect,Now when you try and start this does the door lock and the lock light come on ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i push start the lights flash and in the little window the dr keeps beeping and flashing at me

okay the dr means door switch is not closed. it means the door switch has failed. Door LockNNN-NN-NNNNAlternate Product View you need to order and replace the door lock assembly. heres a link and theres also a video to show you how to replace this. it needs to be replaced to fix the issue. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i must say though these are not my favorite washing machines and i think this just prompted me to do my research for a new machine

thankyou, your answer does make sense and your service was prompt.

your welcome. I pulled the information up from the service tech sheets.I know these machines are not the best, XXXXX XXXXX not now days unfortunately. have a great day thanks and best wishes, Bryan