Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Galaxy #10655622500. I replaced the module but still

I have a Galaxy #10655622500. I replaced the module but still no ice. Voltage checks show about 1.3 volts at any of the points on the module. When I disconnected the harness at the module I have about the same 1.3 volt between black and white wires. Online search found someone saying there was a fuse in the harness in some models. I have a wiring diagram from the fridge but there is no fuse in the diagram or schematic. Is the clip on the black wire on the harness a fuse and if so what amperage?
Submitted: 1 year ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the fuse is part of the wiring harness on this, the white part marked with red arrows, (depending on which harness you have) graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Bryan. Is this fuse replaceable or will I need to order a new wiring harness? On this model threre is no plug at the back of the freezer. the only plug is at the module and from there the harness goes through the freezer wall. My question is how do I replace the fuse correctly?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
they don't sell the fuse to replace. your harness should plug in behind the back wall in the freezer, you will have to remove that to see where it plugs in. I'm not sure if you can buy the harness separately on this either, what I suggest is go to a local appliance parts store and they should have a harness. I cant find it separate from the new ice maker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

From your experience, do you believe that my lack of voltage, or very low voltage, like I have, is a result of this fuse being blown. I can't find the harness only either and don't want to keep throwing money at this fridge. Is there any thing else it might be besides the fuse that I can check before I but an ice maker that I don't need so I can get the harness? Thanks for your help and I will rate you when all is corrected.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the best thing to do is take the panel out of the freezer and test for power at the plug itself (where the harness plugs in) if you get 120 volts there its the harness.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.