Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I purchased a KitchenAid Architect Series II KHMS2056SSS 0n

I purchased a KitchenAid Architect Series II KHMS2056SSS 0n 12/10, have had several times received an error F7. This seems to occur more often when boiling steam rises over the front of the microwave. It error code usually goes away within the day, but this time no steam was the cause, and the Error code F7 continues to appear after 18 too 20 seconds, no heating, and after 2 days and trying to unplug and start again, still get error.

Please advise

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is a common issue with these.

even though it wasn't steam this time the issue is the same. there is a function key sticking. at this point it the control would need to be replaced if its happening without even steam getting into it.
Whirlpool Cntrl-Elec(NNN) NNN-NNNNfrom AppliancePartsPros.com

F7 Stuck function switch or button on Electronic Range Control (ERC)Replace Electronic Range Control/Clock(ERC)