Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool Gold Side by side fridge. I noticed a bad

I have a whirlpool Gold Side by side fridge. I noticed a bad smell and threw out all uncooked food and cans. I cleaned it with a vinegar and wiped down all teh insides. I have also put soda bicarb but the smell is still there. am trying to remove the drip pan but it does not slide out help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay so you cant get rid of the smell ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes and i cannot remove the drip tray to try and clean it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay do you have the full model number ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

gs65shaxlb02

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
can you recheck that number ?its not comming up. look on the inside of the refrigerator section on the side wall or ceiling for a tag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

maybe it is GS65HAXLB02

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but that isnt comming up either. where is this number comming from ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On the inside side door where it says Model and then serial no

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

maybe the 5 is a S try with that

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I think I have it. GS6SHAXLB02, be right back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi what happened?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I looked this up and the drain pan is not removable according to the diagrams. is the smell mostly from the inside of the refrigerator ? if so the best way to get rid of the smell is to place a bowl full of coffee grinds in both the refrigerator and freezer sections. the coffee grinds draw the odor out in about 2 days, this works wonders. try it, usually the odor wont come into the refrigerator itself through the drip pan.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.