Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

my ge profile washer keeps starting and stopping in spin and

my ge profile washer keeps starting and stopping in spin and agitation cycles. Drains fine. will run for 15 seconds then stop for several minutes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today..I see you stated that the washer starts and stops..What are doing to get the washer to restart once it stops..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all I can do is wait. five minutes or more and then it runs for 15 seconds and stops again.

Try restarting the washer..Once it stops..Lift up on the lid then close the lip ..Do this a few times..Tell me if the washer starts once you lift the lid and close it again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That I have already tried. also tried switching to wash settings but it is the same in all of them.

Once it stops ans you start the washer over from the beginning will the washer start filling right away...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It starts filling right away. Drains right away, no problem. It is agitation and spin modes where it stops working. I did manage to talk briefly with a GE rep and she said it sounded like an "exciter" problem but would not give me any more info than that for liability reasons.

Yes from what you are explaining it would be a timer fault..First what would need to be done would be to bypass the lid switch to make certain the lid switch is not bad..Once the lid switch is bypassed then yes your problem would be within the timer unfortunately..Not really worth the expense of repair on this unit..If you have any further questions i ill be standing by..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "Ok" Or greater so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you today..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair