Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a kenmore elite dishwasher, owned for about 6 years.

I have a kenmore elite dishwasher, owned for about 6 years. has worked perfectly until just now. stopped during the wash phase. The green drying light is flashing intermittently and if I try the start/resume button it stays briefly red and then goes out - while the green drying light continues to flash. Any ideas i could try or do I need a technician to come out?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.Are you positive the green is flashing under the drying light and not the clean light..? Are you able to locate a model number for me..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, it is the clean light that is flashing. type No. 544-0

Mod. 665-16293402

Ok thanks Stephen..Most often when this happens all you need to do is reset the error code.If the code shows back up then you have a problem with either the heating circuit or the door circuit ..To remove the error press the follow in sequence Heated Dry, Hi Temp Wash, Heated Dry, Hi Temp Wash, close the door, Start, Let it run for 60 seconds then cancel.., .Let me know how it worked out for you.. ..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..If not i would hope that you would remember to rate my answer to you at "OK " or better so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This didn't work unfortunately.

Make sure you try it a few times..Most often you have to input the sequence a few times before it will take..Let me know what happens..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried it ten times - not working

Can you tell me how the buttons are labeled from left to right..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Smart wash - Pots Pans - Normal Wash - China gentle - Turbo Zone - Hi temp Wash - Sani Rinse - Heated Dry - 4 hour delay - Cancel - Start

Ok great try the sequence pressing ..Normal wash ..Heated Dry...Normal Wash...Heated Dry..