Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a microwave/hood comb the microwave will not heat up

I have a microwave/hood comb the microwave will not heat up everything else works fine.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $150 so depending on the condition of the microwave, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it. Below is a link to the magnetron you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.