Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I am replacing the lower wash arm support on our GE GSD1300N10BB

I am replacing the lower wash arm support on our GE GSD1300N10BB dishwasher. I removrd the clamp,but cannot rotate it counterclockwise to remove it.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...You have the unit removed but cannot get the support to rotate correct..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just got it to rotate, and turned several rotaions, but not out yet. Is it threaded or is there a point where it rotates and pulls out?

Shannon Do you have the clamp completely removed..? If so and you cannot rotate the pump connector counter clockwise to remove..Take a hair dryer..Carefully heat the connector up ..Then try to remove..This should free up the connector for removal.....Ok i see you stated that you have it loose..The connector should pull directly off..It does not have threads..Pull it directly off..You can try warming it up with the hairdryer .Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK " Or greater..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I take that back. It was the support that was turning and not the connector. I tried heating it with a blower for a MINUTE,BUT IT STILL DID NOT TURN AND i DID NOT WANT TO OVER DO IT AND MELT OR TEAR THE CONNECTOR. ok, now it's turning and I,m pulling hard, but it's not budging.

If the support is turning and the connector is not...You need to be able to hold onto the Support from the i inside And rotate and pull the connector at the bottom..Best to get another person to hold the support while rotating and pulling the connector off..Since you are replacing the support .....At last resort..You can take a pair of pliers ...Vise grips...From the inside ...carefully squeeze the connector together crushing it..Most likely it will loosen the grip on the connector
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, that's it, needed another body at the other end to keep the support immobile, I guess that never happens in the videos... Project complete !

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ran it once after putting everything back together and it was fine. My wife started running a load and now the pump is making a noise...

I would go back and make sure the pump is installed correctly..Might have something caught up in it..