Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a maytag washer, model# XXXXX It stopped running

Customer Question

We have a maytag washer, model# XXXXX It stopped running mid cycle and is beeping & flashing F3 and E2. We can not get the door to open. We followed the owners manual on trouble shooting and nothing worked.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Woody, thank you for choosing our service.
F3-E2 is a WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR ERROR
Do you have a volt ohm meter to do some testing ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. But is there a way to reset the washer?

What do you mean reset ? Do you mean toatlly reprogram , or just clear the code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whatever it takes to open the door and restart the washer. We've tried everything the owners manual said to do. We also unplugged the washer and it still reverts back to the flashing code.

oh ok looking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there?

I`m looking to reset /clear the code all you have to do is to power the unit down and back up .
If it is not resettig the code you may have a faulty control .
How old is this unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is 16 mos. old.

ok the only thing I can recommend since it will not reser itself is to change the control .
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for part info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That can't be the problem. As I was waiting for your reply, I worked with it and got it running again. If that was the problem, nothing would have worked.

ok So you were able to get it to reset then .
So you will still need to look at the water level sensor !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I took out the clothes, it worked fine, when I put them back in, I had the same problem. Maybe I just have a lemon!

Did you check the water level sensor ?
All you did was reset the error code you did not fix why the code is coming up !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Water level appears to be ok. I have it running with no clothes in it and it is working. Sorry, your information hasn't helped. I will find a repairman.

Go right ahead!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Once we figured out how to get the door to unlock, we drained the washer by running with no clothing inside. I'm no expert, but once it ran & emptied. It appeared to be running fine. I'm sorry, but for us, this was a waste of our time and money. We are retired and have to budget our money.

SO you gave me a BAD service rating for that ! you did not have to accept my answer!
And if the code came up once it will come back again unless you change a part