Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirpool oven RBD305PDB12. Electronic oven control dark.....inter

Whirpool oven RBD305PDB12. Electronic oven control dark.....inter oven light from oven control and opening either door. Replaced control pad..... Oven codes 3 beeps mashing any of the pad selections.... Al in NC
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

if you're getting beeps when you press the buttons, that means that your oven is definitely getting power and that i'ts definitely responding to when you push a button. Unfortunately this means that your display control board itself is shorted. There isn't anything you can do but to order and replace the display board to fix the issue. The display board you need is part number 8302967 but it's no longer made. So the only way to fix your existing board will be to remove it and send it into a place like who will refurbish your board. The cost is normally about $150-200.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first time the display went dark was after my wife cleaned the oven.....I checked breakers, oven cameback on, cooked one hour and went dark the last time...Do yo think that this is the display board still ?

Yes. The display board will generally first start to act up when it gets overheated (which happens commonly during self clean). But if the oven is cool now and it still won't turn on, then it's time to replace the board.