Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. The pump makes

I have a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. The pump makes a squalling sound and the dishwasher won't fill/run. Its dry inside when I open it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.
May I have the units model number to better assist you ?

If you open the door it will be on the units face frame .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Woody

I'll get it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
w1043106a
Your model number will look like GU1200LW0 or DU960PW0 it will be on right side of tank after you open the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wdt710paym2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serial number f21524232
Thank you .
And the incoming water is turned on correct?
And if you open the door pull the bottom rack out in the tank sump is a float pull that float up and down ,and then try to fill the unit once again please?
And how old is the unit ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the incoming water is on, its been on and working with no changes till this problem. I turned it off and back on and checked the hose for kinks. I already pulled out the bottom drawer and moved the float up and down. It still makes a sqalling/starving sound and does not fill

I bought the unit in June
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hold that thought..... I just opened the door and kinda popped the float up and down a few times and re started it just to be thorough and to totally follow your instructions........and its filling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher is running fine now. I'd already raised and lowered the float and spun it a bit, but popping it up and down did the trick.

Thank you Woody
OK glad to hear it .
Glad to assist you .
Thank you in advance .
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line