Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 2006 LG Tromm DLG8388WM gas dryer. I have owned this

Customer Question

I have a 2006 LG Tromm DLG8388WM gas dryer. I have owned this dryer for 3 years and have periodically had to give it a 'tap' in order for it to start. Right now, it is not starting at all. I have turned the power off for at least an hour, the gas is working, the power is fine and I removed the filter, filter casing and vaccuumed thoroughly. I checked the vent and it seems clean. Each time I turn the dryer on I receive the 'check filter' message, not sure if this is default or not. Any advise? Nothing happens when the start button is pressed, seems like a circuit / connection problem to me....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you had to give the the dryer a tap to get it running before, that sounds like a bad control board or possibly a door switch. Open the door and push the door switch to make sure the light comes on and off and you actually hear a "click" when you push on the switch. If the door switch tests good and the issues are related, then your control board would likely need to be replaced.

If the issues are NOT related to having to tap the washer, then that means that your belt could have broken and you'd need to take the dryer apart to make sure the dryer is still attached. This is really not an easy to get inside the dryer unfortunately. To gain access, you need to pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer to check out the belt.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am trying to unplug all components of the control panel, there is one component that I cannot remove...it is a big black part with two wires , a blue wire and a black wire...how do unplug this component properly?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I really couldn't say for ceratin without be there unfortunately. There is either a clip on the side of the plug that you depress and then the plug pulls up and off, or it's just sticking and you may need to slide a flat head screwdriver under the plug and twist slightly to get the plug moving off the terminals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was a plug, I just had o tpull harder...I now have all parts disconnected but....

What about the knob and the power buttons in the front panel? How do I remove those? I assume I have to remove those befor

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You don't remove those. You remove the board behind the control panel and then the control board pulls off the back of the control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sufficient enough for me to pay for this,I can doing this on my own...

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean... I have given you an answer to every question you are asking. I'm not sure why you gave me an unwarranted bad rating since I can not control the problem that your appliance gets, but I do not receive credit for helping you if you do not choose one of the top 3 ratings, so is there anything else I can help you with today to possibly improve your rating?