Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Jenn-Air stove with five burners. I just cleaned

I have a Jenn-Air stove with five burners. I just cleaned my stove top. The igniter’s on ALL burners are ALL going off without me trying to light any of the burners. All switches are on the off position and I have checked to make sure that ALL knobs are in the off Position. What can I do to stop the igniter’s?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

What has happened here is moisture has gotten into one of the ignition switches (under the knobs) and has shorted the ignition system. Shut the breaker off in the breaker panel for 24 hours in order for the switch to dry, You can help the dry time along by pulling the knobs off and aiming a hairdryer on low heat at the shafts. After you give the switch time to dry and switch the power back on you will be all set :)

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks I will try your recomendation. I am a bit suprised that it is the (Knobs) and not the ignition switches that the moisture has caused the problem. I will be more carful when cleaning the stove or just have thanksgiving dinner at the inlaws next time:)

The ignition switches are mounted behind the knobs in most cases, If there is a separate ignition switch that has to be pressed in order to ignite then that will be your problem, Just needs to be dried out to clear the problem :)

Thanks!