Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model GU940SCGQ1. It wont drain

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model GU940SCGQ1. It won't drain after the last cycle. It is draining just fine during the other cycles. I saw a video on repair, and a number of solutions were offered. Ones was expensive, the others cheap. Yes, I have run all cycles with same results. The normal cycle doesn't work, hasn't for a year. the draining has been working until recently. i cleaned out the long tube coming from the dishwasher, (not much there), but not to the tube leading to the disposal. I just happened to clean the long tube before running trials to see if the draining was going on during other cycles. However, it is draining very well during all but the last cycle before drying.

Any help? And how hard is this to repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
The issue you are having is internal in the control program, it is loosing its memory .
No way to reprogam .you can only replace it .
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for the part info and the link comes with an installation video for the part .
And yes the drain line is fine due to it drains in other drain cycles , just the control is no longer telling it to drain in final drain sequence.
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This isnb't even a choice in the solutions. this is the answer to the issue, "Why doesn't my dishwasher work on the normal cycle and on all other cycles (as it hasn't for two years)!!

I had already pored over the repair clinic, so when you showed me to the site, and, i might add, shosed me to a Kitchecn Aid control board, when i have a Whirlpool Gold...I knew there were a few things wrong.

Please duck out as an expert in this area. thank you.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

The technician that helped you with your answer was completely correct with the part that you needed, Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool and Maytag and several others are all made by the same company, The control board that he told you to replace will repair your problem.

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. i will rate you tops. i wasn't certain if i could do this and still talk to you, though.

how come this repair panel (that i can do myself:), isn't listed as an issue with a draining problem. there are only three small answers costing in a range from about $4 to $18 and the pump and housing assembly at a roaring $270 listed in the drain area.

it doesn't make sense at all that the control board would be the answer since it isn't one of the choices.

Can you explain what is happeing in the board when that final cycle isn't draining?

Thanks.

oh. i will go back and give the other guy credit, too, if this is truly the answer. it just doesn't jive with what the Repair clinic says...

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

It is very true though, Thank you for understanding, we will continue to help you along without further charges.

.

.

.

.

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, my computer did not print everything originally, The reason being everything is controlled by that board, the drain pump works as it works on other cycles, and it washes okay on all the other cycles, this problem cannot be from fuses, door locks, or even a poor wire connection, Please let me know if I can be of more help...''
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually, fuses, wire connections and door locks aren't among the other choices, either. There are mechanical choices and the pump and motor assembly. one choice is a simple check valve.

unfortunately, since you are coming up with the wrong answers to the "other drain solutions," i am concerned about your first answer..

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The check valve is mechanical, and if it was the problem then it would never drain on any cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The main control board did NOTHING to fix the problem. both of you were way off base.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how I could beor the other expert could be wrong, you stated that it worked in all other cycles except one, the only thing that changes from one cycle to the other is the amount each one runs.