Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my dishwasher control panel is dark. Replaced PC board- still

my dishwasher control panel is dark. Replaced PC board- still dark, checked power at j box and its good. What next?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I may better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

kitchenaid dishwasher kudk03ftss3

OK perfect. So there are 4 things that can stop the control panel from lighting up.

1. The junction box isn't getting 120 volts or is shorted. You said this is ok so we'll skip it.

2. The control board is shorted. You replaced this so we can skip it.

3. The touch control panel. Not as common but it does happen.

4. A faulty fuse. This is the most common issue and the one that is likely your problem. Clipped onto the side of the control board is a little plastic device with a fuse enclosed. The fuse has 2 wires going to it. Disconnect the wires and test continuity through the fuse. If the fuse is open, replace it. If it has continuity, replace the touchpad because you can't test it and it's the only part left.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the help. You nailed it! Where can I buy a fuse on saturday.

On a Saturday, Sears Parts and Service if you have one near you?