Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

HI I have a ZDIS15CSS ge monogram, have cleaned it and scrubbed

HI I have a ZDIS15CSS ge monogram, have cleaned it and scrubbed the plate. It is making ice sheets that are irregular in shape an thickness. No repair person on Maui until January - any suggestion - it is a year old
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you take a picture of the ice sheet so I might be able to see what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

file://localhost/Users/mw/Desktop/photo-4.jpg

Hmm, that isn't pulling up for me. Can you use the paper click function over top the chat box to upload the picture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i do not have a paper clip

Do you have Firefox or Internet explorer? The tool bar only shows up on those browsers unfortunately.

Other than that, can you upload the picture to a place like Flickr.com and give me a link to the picture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

fire fox does not have the paper clip either

Hmm, it does on my computer but possibly it's a different version. Either way, can you upload it to Flickr and send it to me? Flickr.com is like Youtube.com for pictures.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

http:[email protected]/

That ice slab looks exactly as it should... so I guess can you tell me what it is that you're experiencing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the bin is not filling up with ice -

OK so that is a problem. Can you take a picture of the ice slab after it has slid onto the cutting grid and send me a picture of that please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwheeler2012/

OK so that's actually all good and it's sliding off the chill plate appropriately. Have you tried how long a cycle takes from the time the slab is released to the time another slab is released?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

about an hour

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when i took the pictures the plate is frosted over and no water is running over it- that was about 10 minutes ago

OK so an hour is fine. Butthe plate is frosted over with no water running over it, that is going to be your problem. Is there water in the reservoir against the back wall where the pump is located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yup

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now water is running over the plate

OK so that is going to be your problem. Something is happening to your circulation pump where isn't not running all the time. The circulation pump should run any time the chill plate is cooling. So if the plate has frost and water isn't running over it, that is a problem. This could be a bad circulation motor or a bad control board. You'd need to test power to the circulation motor to see if it's getting power when it's not running. If not then you'd need a new control board. But on these ice machines, when the circulation motor starts to get squirrelly and isn't running at all or just inconsistently, it's almost always the circulation motor itself that needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there a way to check the motor?

Not the motor, no. That's why you check power going to it to make sure it's getting power.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do you do that?

and is the replacement part a whirlpool(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Yes, that appears to be the part. You would need a multimeter and then you test between the 2 terminals on the right plug where the circultion pump plugs into. Disconnect the pump and test between the two outside terminal plugs (not coming from the motor, the ones on the wall) and you should have 120 volts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok-

thanks for your help.

no problem and good luck.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.