Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On a kenmore dryer does the non-replaceable thermal fuse control

Customer Question

On a kenmore dryer does the non-replaceable thermal fuse control the motor. my fuse is blown and the motor runs..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is this a gas dryer or and electric dryer? And do you happen to have the model number which is located on a sticker just inside the door way?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Gas model XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK. On gas models, the thermal fuse only cuts out the heat, not the motor. On electric models the thermal fuse will cut out both the motor and all heat.

You'll want to replace the thermal fuse and then check the vent through your house because this fuse breaks when the vent starts to get clogged a bit normally.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.