Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Maytag atlantis top load washer. It works on the

I have a Maytag atlantis top load washer. It works on the hot and the warm water cycles(on warm cycle the water is hot). When you try to use the cold cycle no water fills and the washer shuts down.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The likely problem here is the clod valve on the inlet valve has failed, To check this access the valve, pull the wires off the cold valve then hook up a volt meter to the wires, start a cold wash and as the machine should be filling check the voltage, if as I suspect the reading is 120v then the coil on the valve has shorted. In this case the valve assembly will need to be replaced.

Please post back with the model number, I can then point you where to purchase a replacement valve :)

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.