Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Maytag steam dryer. It has not been drying for some

I have a Maytag steam dryer. It has not been drying for some time and lint will build up just inside the door. I clean the lint trap before each dryer load. This morning I pulled it away from the wall to see if the exhaust flex hose was kinked, but instead found the hose to be full of water! I removed and cleaned the hose then turned the dryer on. The side of the dryer gets hot, clothes get hot but the exhaust hose does not. I think there must be some obstruction in the dryer. Is this something I can do, or should I trailer the dryer to a repair facility? I think the model is a "bravos". I'm at work and can't remember if you need this info. Thanks for a reply.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Ok the problem here is the venting either in the machine is blocked or in the vent running from the machine to the outside is blocked. The fact you found water in the vent normally tells you that the blockage is inside the vent running from the machine to the out side.

To figure out which disconnect the vent in the rear, Then run a load, If the dry time improves then you have a blockage in the vent running to the outside, you will need to locate the blockage and clear it.

If the dry time does not improve then the blockage is inside the machine, normally below where the lint filter installs beside the blower housing.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I check, then clean the venting inside the machine? I pulled out the lint screen this morning and saw alot of lint coating the area below the base of the lint screen.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm at work without that information. Sorry

Is the lint filter in the door or on top of the machine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

lint filter is below the door. When you open the door, you pull up on the top of the filter. There are round ports that pass through to the base of the dryer drum - this is where the filter is. A flat funnel-shape area is below this filter that curves under the drum - this is all caked up with lint that I can see.

You can either do this two ways, first and easiest is to buy a vacuum attachment from lowes or home depot that will get inside the dryer lint opening and vacuum the lint out, the second is to take the machine apart, for accurate directions I would need the model number from the sticker inside the door.

Thanks!