Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Can I dye fabric in my fabulous LG washing machine? Model

Can I dye fabric in my fabulous LG washing machine? Model WT510H. If so, what setting can I use to get enough water in machine? Thank you. Susan
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This unit is not meant to dye fabric I'm afraid. If you dye the fabric, you will stain the rubber seal on the front as well as the plastic inside the washer tub. The real problem isn't the asthetic portion of dying these parts, it's that when clothes rub on these parts later, they will pick up some of the dye and you will get marks on your white clothing and such.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont have a front rubber seal on this machine. It is a top loader.

The rubber seal is where the center shaft comes through the bottom of the tub. But again, that isn't exactly the point. The point is that anything that isn't stainless steel or glass is going to get dyed when you dye your clothes, and then whent he clothes rub on it or when the dye leaches out into the water, it will affect subsequent loades of wash.