Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag wall oven. It wasnt heating, so I replaced

I have a Maytag wall oven. It wasn't heating, so I replaced the element and it still is not heating. What else could be wrong? Model CWE4800ACB Serial(###) ###-####J
Hello, and thank you for using I'll be helping you with your problem today.
Have you tried both bake and broil? Does the broil option heat up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No haven't tried the broil, but will go do that right now
ok, let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No that doesn't work either
OK so the first thing you need to do is make sure you're getting 240 volts to the oven, because it will not heat with only 120 volts. So under the top panel in the back left corner there is a high limit thermostat. You will need to uninstall the oven and remove the top panel to access this part.
It looks like the picture in the link below. You can turn the circuit breaker off to the oven, disconnect the 2 wires going to it and tape the two wires together. Turn the circuit breaker back on and see if your oven will heat. If so, replace this part. If not and you're sure the oven is getting 240 volts, replace the mechanical thermostat.
Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.