Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Without me knowing my dear husband put the"soap pods" in the

Without me knowing my dear husband put the"soap pods" in the detergent drawer of our Maytag 4000 front load washer and it has been having an F21 code and we have to do a ' drain and spin' cycle. We have checked the hoses in back, no obstructions there. And have tried unplugging, no help. Also when washing clothes now there is a horrible odor of a rotten egg smell! Please help us!!!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your washer is just not draining properly or there are just way too many suds in the washer based on the F21 error code you're getting. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, run a cycle with a cup of white vinegar in the detergent compartment (nothing else and no clothes) and the vinegar should get rid of the suds and clean out the washer.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.